Sculpting the Blender Way: Explore Blender's 3D sculpting workflows and latest features, including Face Sets, Mesh Filters, and the Cloth brush (Paperback)
Get started with the latest sculpting features in Blender 3D and learn key sculpting workflows such as Dynotopo, Voxel Remesher, QuadriFlow, and Multiresolution
- Use Blender's core sculpting workflows: basic sculpting, Dynotopo, Voxel Remesher, QuadriFlow, and Multiresolution
- Learn how to use and customize Blender's sculpting brushes to create fantastic art effortlessly
- Explore common techniques in Blender 3.0 for creating facial features, clothing, accessories, and more
Sculpting the Blender Way is a detailed step-by-step guide for creating digital art with the latest Blender 3D sculpting features. With over 400 reference images, 18 Sculpting in Action videos, and dozens of 3D sculpture example files, this book is an invaluable resource for traditional and digital sculptors looking to try their hand at sculpting in Blender.
The first part of the book will teach you how to navigate Blender's user interface and familiarize yourself with the core workflows, as well as gain an understanding of how the sculpting features work, including basic sculpting, Dyntopo, the Voxel Remesher, QuadriFlow, and Multiresolution.
You'll also learn about a wide range of brushes and all of the latest additions to the sculpting feature set, such as Face Sets, Mesh Filters, and the Cloth brush. The next chapters will show you how to customize these brushes and features to create fantastic 3D sculptures that you can share with the ever-growing Blender community.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained a complete understanding of the core sculpting workflows and be able to use Blender to bring your digital characters to life.
What You Will Learn:
- Configure your graphics tablet for use in 3D sculpting
- Set up Blender's user interface for sculpting
- Understand the core Blender sculpting workflows
- Familiarize yourself with Blender's basic sculpting brushes
- Customize brushes for more advanced workflows
- Explore high-resolution details with brush alphas and Multiresolution
- Try out the all-new Cloth brush
- Render your finished artwork for and make it portfolio-ready
Who this book is for:
This book is for artists who want to get started with the exciting new sculpting features in Blender 3D. Whether you have experience using ZBrush or traditional sculpting, or are completely new to sculpting, this book will have something new for you to learn. Prior experience with Blender or other 3D software may be helpful but is not required. However, a graphics tablet from Wacom, XP-Pen, or Huion is highly recommended to be able to follow along the concepts and examples covered in the book.