Rare & Used Books
Rare and Used Books in the Annex
Ernest & Hadley Booksellers now accepts book trade-ins for store credit in our Annex! We will accept any size donation at any time, but since we are not a non-profit, donations are not tax-deductible. We do not give cash for books.
Depending on the number of books you are dropping off for credit, please allow up to 48 business hours to process. Please keep your submissions for store credit to a maximum of what will fit into a 19”x15”x11” box. There may be a small service charge applied, depending on the size of your drop-off. We can make house calls as well, and a service charge will be applied based on the distance from the store and volume of books for appraisal.
Do you have valuable books* that you would prefer not to drop off? Click here and we will get back to you ASAP.
Guidelines for books we will accept:
• We accept books that are in good condition.
• Hardcovers should have a dust jacket.
• We are selective about the mass market paperbacks. Classics are preferred.
• We do not accept any textbooks, Solutions Manuals, Study Guides or Lab Manuals that accompany specific textbooks or classes.
• Software books and many nonfiction categories are subject to age limits. These vary widely from topic to topic.
• In general, items that come free with purchase or are handed out free by organizations are not accepted.
• We are very selective about the stapled material we accept.
Used* Book Credit Schedule**
$3.00 Hardcovers with dust jacket
$2.00 Paperbacks in great condition
$1.00 Hardcovers without jackets or paperbacks in fair condition
** Subject to change.