Submitting Used Books
Q: Is E&H Books currently accepting Used Book drop-offs for store credit?
A: Not at this time, unless you a member of our Friends & Family Program. We will announce it across social media when we are!
When we are accepting Used Book submissions-
During certain times of the year, Ernest & Hadley Booksellers will accept used book trade-ins for store credit. We do not give cash for books.
Depending on the number of books you are dropping off for credit, please allow up to 48 business hours to process. Please keep your submissions for store credit to a maximum of what will fit into a 19”x15”x11” box. You are free to accept or reject any offer we make.
• We accept books that are in good condition.
• We prefer hardcovers with a dust jacket.
• We are selective about the mass market paperbacks. Classics are preferred.
• We do not accept any textbooks, Solutions Manuals, Study Guides or Lab Manuals that accompany specific textbooks or classes.
• Software books and many nonfiction categories are subject to age limits. These vary widely from topic to topic.
• In general, items that come free with purchase or are handed out free by organizations are not accepted.
• We are very selective about the stapled material we accept.
Used* Book Credit Schedule**
$3.00 Hardcovers with dust jacket
$2.00 Paperbacks in great condition
$1.00 Hardcovers without jackets or paperbacks in fair condition
** Subject to change. There may be a small service charge applied depending on the volume of books.